Sohooo. Since there haven’t been that many contributions so far, I’ll be waiting for some more to make a proper issue #1 of LitCZ. I’ll be out of the country for a while anyway. Things will finally be compiled into a zine when I’m back in March. I hope you’ll take this as a chance to finish that submission that has been lying on your desk (or in a corner of your head) for a while already… ;)
Here’s a little pre-X-mas present:
It’s TIME! Since so many people who wanted to participate said they were having a crazy busy time right now (and I can definitely relate) the submission deadline is hereby extended till the 21st of January 2012. So take your time to do your thing (and have some cookies).
Also, here’s a big thank you for everyone who already sent in their work! <3
The idea for this zine was born during a workshop at Zine Fest Berlin. Just to give you an idea and get your self-expressive juices flowing, here are some words people came up while brainstorming. Keep in mind this list does not claim to be exhaustive – this topic is so broad, don’t let yourself be limited by a list.
- not special at all
- just a little spot in the masses
- Where can I get some food for cheap?
- Everyone is having fun, except me
- Maybe I could have a happier or easier life somewhere else
- I was young and needed the money
- Isolation of internet and affect of technology
- You walk through the city and hope to find somewhere a point where you feel home/right.
- Why fall in love with this city? (friends, houses, trees?)
- falling in love randomly
- How do I find XY? And how can I make a living?
- meeting and losing people again
- hiding away
- staying in bed. at home
- being afraid/harrassed on the street in the night
- new sights and smells that overhwhelm you
- need a bike
- language barriers
- cultural barriers/misunderstandings
- not feeling cool enough
- feeling shy
- I need to find friends, but where and how?
- What are true friends anyway?
- When can I call someone a friend?
- Every city feels the same for me (why??)
- Where do I get decent falafel and a kiss to go with it?
Welcome here at (the blog of) Lost in the City Zine, your brand new compilation zine for and by urban aliens and lost souls.
If you feel lost in the/your city (no matter how long you’ve been living there) or if you want to share your secret antidotes and approved recipes against urban angst - everyone is welcome to contribute. The zine will be half-size (A5), so it would be best if you already make your original in that size.You can submit anything: texts or poems, drawings, collages, photographs or comics, interviews, treasure hunt maps or a combination of all of these. Of course, your contribution can be more than one page, and you’re also welcome to get together and do some rad teamwork. You can write in English or in German*. (Almost) Everything is possible! In order to participate please scan your masterpiece and send it to E*phi
Deadline for issue #1 is December 21, 2011. And don’t forget: tell your friends and unsuspecting lost-looking strangers in the U-Bahn! If you have any questions or suggestions – don’t be shy, get in touch!
* or any other language you prefer. As long as you can somehow communicate what it is about, so the editoress in charge is able to conclude that it doesn’t contain any homophobic/racist/sexist/other-ist crap.